The Writings of Clare of Assisi: Letters, Form of Life, Testament and Blessing - Softcover
Description:The three volumes in the series, Studies in Early Franciscan Sources, provide assistance to those interested in a deeper understanding of the writings of the Early Documents The Writings of Francis and Clare. The authors, scholars interested in and committed to the Franciscan tradition, have brought contemporary research together, applied it to each of the specific texts, and offered their own perspective. First, the essays definethe status questionis by informing the reader about the state of current research on each of the texts considered.
Second, the essays are intended to introduce the reader to these texts within the dimensions of their multilayered contextual-historical framework. The hope of those involved in producing these studies is to help others learn how to read, interpret, and apply these newly translated texts to enrich the historical understanding, theological vision, and practical living out of the Gospel message. This volume contains essays by Ingrid Peterson, Lezlie Knox, Michael W. Blastic and Jean-FranÃƒÂ§ois Godet-Calogeras.
- Clare of Assisi
- Classics from the Franciscan Institute
- Francis of Assisi and the Early Franciscan Movement
- Franciscan Heritage Series
- Franciscan Studies and Faith Formation
- John Duns Scotus
- New Releases
- Peter of John Olivi and Other Medieval Texts
- Spirit and Life Series
- St. Bonaventure and Works of St. Bonaventure
- St. Bonaventure University Press
- Washington Theological Union/CFIT
- William of Ockham