Allan B. Wolter, OFM
This small book offers, in a Latin/English editon, a contribution of John Duns Scotus to the theological discussion on Mary the Mother of God. His views had a profound influence on Marian doctrine and devotion over the centuries, culminating in Pius IX’s dogmatic proclamation of Mary’s Immaculate Conception.
The questions are dealt with in Scotus’s Ordinatio and are set up in the stylized tripartite format used by medieval professional theologians in their commentaries on the Sentences of Peter Lombard.
- Clare of Assisi
- Classics from the Franciscan Institute
- Francis of Assisi and the Early Franciscan Movement
- Franciscan Heritage Series
- Franciscan Studies and Faith Formation
- John Duns Scotus
- New Releases
- Peter of John Olivi and Other Medieval Texts
- Spirit and Life Series
- St. Bonaventure and Works of St. Bonaventure
- St. Bonaventure University Press
- Washington Theological Union/CFIT
- William of Ockham